PHP 8 - IntroductionLast modified: April 02, 2022
What is PHP?
- PHP is a server side scripting language (executed on the server)
- It is very powerful to make dynamic and interactive Website.
- Free to download and use
- It is widely used e.g. Facebook (most popular social site), Wordpress (most popular CMS)
- It is easy to learn
- Can work with multiple Databases even though MySQL is native
- Most Web hosting supports PHP, and even cost effective price compare to other languages (e.g. .NET)
You need to have basic understanding of the following:
The Server execute PHP script/file and output HTML which is display to client browser. PHP tags themselves are not case-sensitive but it is recommened. Each line is end with semi-colon(;). The following is an example of a simple PHP code
<?php … ?>
The following code show a basic example of PHP code that output the string Hello world to the browser.
<?php echo "Hello world"; ?>